Monday 19 November 2012

Obsession: Flapper dresses

Fuelled by the latest series of Downton Abbey, seeing Cabaret on the stage, anticipation of The Great Gatsby coming next year and a Christmas party at an art deco venue has sent me slightly crazy for flapper dresses.

So much so, that after much thought I decided to make my New Year's Eve party Roaring Twenties themed. I had originally planned for it to be a Strictly Come Dancing themed party - sequins, feathers, fake tan, lip gloss, lashes and twirling - but I couldn't resist the opportunity to get all dolled up like a Bright Young Thing.

I posted already about a Ted Baker dress that's in the running for my NYE 2012/13 outfit (amongst others), but I've since found many more, and it's making the decision quite hard!

The biggest problem, though?

Making my fifties-style figure look acceptable in a twenties-style dress. Drop waists and loose silhouettes are not my friend! Hmmmmm.....

Phase Eight, Tina Tassel dress


Ted Baker Balinda dress

Phase Eight Giselle flapper dress
 

River Island flapper dress

 
Biba flapper dress in teal
 
Topshop twenties dress

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful dresses, I especially like the River Island one. But I don't have any parties to go to yet!

    ReplyDelete