Monday 11 March 2013

Obsession: Collective Nouns

I'm a geek about a lot of things. Ok, I'm a geek about most things. But this is next obsession is not just beyond geeky, it's
beyond
awesome.

I love, love, LOVE collective nouns. I don't know why, maybe it's because of my obsession with themes and collections? Maybe it's because they are so clever in their description? Maybe it's because they evoke such great visuals in my imagination?

Whatever the reason, I just love thinking about them, discovering new ones, and speculating on what as-yet-unknown ones may be (a dither of lawyers anyone?!?), so when I discovered this website I felt a little faint with excitement.



A website dedicated to collective nouns? Oh good lord.

A website dedicated to collective nouns and corresponding pictures? WOW!

A website dedicated to collective nouns and corresponding pictures that you can purchase and put on your wall as nerdy artwork? I nearly died...

A website dedicated to collective nouns, corresponding pictures that you can purchase and put on your wall as nerdy artwork, created by the graphic designers from Harry Potter?!?!?!?! *THUD*

That was me fainting.

Screw Flora and the Flamingo.

A Zeal of Zebras is my new favourite book.
Possibly my fave?

(I don't really mean that, I spoke too quickly. I will love them both equally)

No comments:

Post a Comment