Wednesday 7 November 2012

Rose-tinted glasses

And when I say "glasses" I mean COCKTAIL glasses!



After attending a cocktail masterclass at Harvey Nichols a few months ago I learned quite how yummy rose syrup can be. I already have a bit of an addiction to rose (and violet) crèmes so of course it makes sense that I like my alcohol laced with a pink floral scent too.

I purchased some Monin rose syrup and found a few recipes on the t'interweb to try with my favourite spirits, so I thought I'd share the love.

Edinburgh Rose
30 ml Hendrick's Gin
4-6 fresh raspberries
30 ml Lychee Juice
15 ml Rose Cordial (Rose Syrup)
Champagne


Shake with ice and double strain into a Champagne flute. Top up with Champagne and garnish with a fresh raspberry.

Rose Margarita 
30 ml Tequila
30 ml triple sec
30 ml rose syrup
1 squeezed lime


Pour ingredients in shaker, shake vigorously with ice, for a minute. Then pour into sugar (or salt) rimmed glass and enjoy.

and of course the one I learned at Harvey Nicks:

Pink Chelsea
1 disc of fresh cucumber
20 ml Creme de peche
15 ml rose syrup
20 ml Hendricks Gin
3 dashes of Peychaud's bitters
Top up with champagne
Take the edges of the cucumber and muddle in a glass with the rest of the ingredients. Shake and pour in to a glass and top up with champagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment